Technology Sciences Group Consulting Limited trading as TSGE Forum (“TSG”) values and respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
TSG is part of Science Group, an international science and technology business. A list of Science Group companies can be found at the bottom of the page at https://www.sciencegroup.com/. Depending on the nature of the personal data, the location where services will be provided or the nature of services provided, another Science Group legal company may be the data controller in relation to your personal data.
What personal data we collect
We may collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you attend, sponsor or exhibit at our events.
The personal data that we process includes:
- Contact information including email, address, fax number and phone number
- Basic information including name (including your title), job title and the company you work for
- Financial information including payment/bank account details and address
- Professional development information including BASIS CPD if you are registering to attend our events
- Marketing information including preferences in receiving marketing from us, our events and our Science Group companies
- Technical information including IP address, operating system, web browser and other technology on the devices that you use to access our website. Please see our cookies policy for more details on this.
- Information you provide as part of an enquiry into becoming a sponsor, exhibitor or advertiser in relation to our events
- Information you provide as part of registering to attend our events
- Any other information which you may provide to us
Where relevant, we hold limited sensitive personal data relating to your access and dietary requirements if you are attending our events.
How is your personal data collected?
- Contact forms – we collect information when you fill in forms on our website or contact us via email, phone or letter
- Events – we collect information from you when you provide it to us in the course of you attending our and our business partners’ events Personal interactions – we collect information from you when you interact with our staff
- Automated technologies – we collect information about you automatically via technology tools such as cookies and similar technologies
Third parties – we may collect information about you from publically available sources
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you attend, sponsor or exhibit at our events for the following purposes:
- To host events
- To provide information to you
- To fulfil our legal and regulatory requirements including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- To respond to your requests, enquires or complaints
- To manage and administer our relationship with you and other parties attending our events
- To transmit personal data between Science Group businesses for internal administrative, organisational and operational purposes
- To prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offences
- To ensure network and information security
- To host, maintain and improve our marketing communications website
We also use your personal data for:
We use your personal data to send you marketing communications about services, publications, events, courses, surveys, promotions and competitions by TSG or other Science Group companies and to display content that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will only contact you for these marketing purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interests or where you have explicitly agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal data for these purposes is optional and if you do not wish to provide your agreement, your visit and use of our website and/or provision of events by TSG or another Science Group company will not be affected.
We use a relationship management tool (where legally permissible) to assess the strength of the relationships between TSG personnel and our delegates or potential delegates based on the frequency of the email contact between them. We use that information in order to assess, analyse and improve the services and events that we provide.
We also use business-to-business market intelligence providers (where legally permissible) to build our business contact networks. We use that information in order to specifically target relevant business prospects to promote our services and events.
You have the right to request us not to use your personal data for marketing communications by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also opt out of receiving electronic communications by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any such electronic communication or through following the opt-out instructions provided in any marketing communication.
We will process personal data about you in relation to your attending, sponsoring or exhibiting at our events organised by TSG and our business partners. We will only process special categories of personal data about your dietary or access requirements in order to cater to your needs and to meet any other legal obligations. We may share your information with business partners, hotels and IT providers involved in the training courses and events as well as delegates and guest speakers. Please also see ‘Who we share your personal data with’.
Sponsorship and advertising
We will process personal data about you in relation to your request to sponsor or advertise an event that we are organising and hosting as part of our services to clients and delegates. We may share your information with business partners, hotels and IT providers involved in the event. Please also see the section on ‘Who we share your personal data with’.
Use of our website
There are facilities on our website which invite you to provide us with personal data including our contact us form and contact email addresses. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point you provide your personal data and we only use that information for those purposes.
Legal basis for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. In particular, we will use your personal data:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes provided it does not override your rights and freedoms
- To perform a contract such as providing you with events
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Where we have received your unequivocal consent
Where we require your consent, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. Please be aware that it is not a condition of your contract with us that you agree to any request for consent from us. Furthermore, you may withdraw your consent at any point – please see the section below on ‘Your rights’.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services, for legitimate business interests, in accordance with contract, and where required or allowed under law.
Who we share your personal data with
- Professional advisors including lawyers, insurers and auditors
- Business partners involved in hosting and organising events with TSG, delegates attending an event, guest speakers, hotels where the event is being held and professional development bodies for CPD
- IT and website service providers including Google Analytics
- Payment services companies to process your payment for event bookings
- Suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services such as printing
- Third party suppliers to help provide services to you subject to the agreed contractual terms between you and us
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow external third party providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also provide your information to regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are legally required to do so and where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud or other criminal offences. If legally permitted, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you prior to disclosing your information to such parties.
Which countries do we transfer your personal data to?
However, we shall only transfer your personal data outside the EEA if one of the following conditions apply:
- The transfer is to a country which the European Commission sees as providing adequate protection for your personal data
- The transfer is to third parties in the USA who are signed up to Privacy Shield. This requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US
- You have consented to this
- There is another legal basis on which we are entitled to make the transfer
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
How we protect your personal data
Our website is hosted on servers in the European Economic Area. We have appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access to your personal data. We use network access control technology to limit access to the systems on which personal data is stored and encryption technology (https) is used to secure communication between a web browser and web server. However as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website.
We note that the information you provide may be confidential and we will not sell or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to any third party except that we may share information with third parties. Please see the section on ‘Who we share your personal data with’
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the UK Information Commissioner’s Office where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right (subject to certain exceptions) to:
- Access, correct, delete, update, rectify or restrict your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data or withdraw consent that you have previously given
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party
- Ask any questions about our use and processing of your personal data
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with all rights that you are entitled to in respect of your personal data and any exceptions that may apply.
Please note that we may ask for further information from you in order to prove your identity before disclosing any personal data to you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the authority responsible for data protection in the country that you are based. Contact details should be available online or you may alternatively ask us for assistance.
Our contact information
If you have any queries in relation to this policy, please contact us at:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Address: Harston Mill, Harston, Cambridge, CB22 7GG, UK
Telephone: +44 1223 875200
If you currently receive marketing information from us which you would prefer to not receive in the future, please email us at email@example.com
TSG is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA051390.